Competition between smartphone brands is getting stiffer by the day. With widespread technological advancements, companies that were once considered inferior are now competing with, and even outdoing, the bigwigs with some of their features. One of the most important determinants of the quality of a smartphone is the camera capabilities. Below are five of the top rated camera smartphones of 2016. The list includes smartphones to be released in 2016 and those that are scheduled to be released in November and December of 2015. The ranking is based on pixel power, formatting capabilities and special features unique to the model or brand.
1. LG G5 – This smartphone is the successor to the LG G4 model that has made quite a name for itself with its amazing features. It is scheduled for release in 2016. The smartphone will have a 21 megapixel back camera. It is higher than the G4 which has 16 megapixels. The camera pixel power on the G5 will ensure that you get to take high quality pictures with the best clarity. It will have a laser autofocus that helps to locate and align the image to the center of the camera. It also has a predictive color spectrum feature that enables you to see exactly how the image will appear after you take the picture. Other features of this camera will include three-axis stabilization which will help you take photos while moving especially on uneven and rough terrain.
2. iPhone 7 – The iPhone seven is scheduled to be released somewhere between March and June 2016. One of the amazing features expected is the phase detection autofocus. This is also present in the iPhone 6 model and allows you to take sharp and clear photos of fast moving images immediately the camera is pointed at them. It will also include a face, smile and palm recognition and autofocus feature which will make selfies an easier and more fun. Other exciting features will include image stabilization and a 20 megapixel back camera.
3. Samsung S7 – This lands the number three spot of the best smartphone cameras of 2016 due to the amazing camera features that you can look forward to. In this entire list, the
Samsung S7 has the highest pixel power with a 30 MP back camera and 7 MP front camera. This ensures that you get the clearest images possible. Other great features include the infrared feature for light adjustments, focus tracking for moving objects and image stabilization.
4. Sony Xperia Z6 – One of the main reasons why this phone has made it onto this list is due to the waterproof nature of the smartphone. This means that you can take images under water with no risk of damage. The back camera is 27 megapixels which gives amazing and sharp images.
5. OnePlus three – This smartphone has a 21 MP back camera and a 13MP front camera. The brand is best known for their amazing phone cameras. Other features include the image stabilization and the location sensor and autofocus feature useful when taking pictures of moving objects
The smartphones on this list will definitely generate a buzz with many amazing features in addition to the amazing camera capabilities. So if you are looking to upgrade your smartphone for better selfies or maybe nature shots, keep an eye out for any of these models. You will not be disappointed.